Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Opinion On Other People's Taste In Music

As I search for music on youtube, I notice that all the comments have one of two forms. "OMG this is like the best band like ever! like ohmahgah! all other bands are crap lol," or "This music is crap. How can anyone listen to this and not start bleeding from their ears?" Why the hate guys? Why the elitist attitude? Can't we all just get along? The kind of music someone listens to doesn't make them a better or worse person than you. Granted, people are often defined by the kind of music they listen to, thus leading certain people to associate with other people with the same taste in music and avoiding those with different tastes, but this does not make them any better or worse than those with different tastes.

This is also not to say that everyone should listen to every type of music, but don't tell someone that they can't listen to a certain type of music because you don't like it. Personally, I would never listen to country music EVER, but I don't care if other people listen to it. I don't even care if you listen to Justin Bieber, in fact I encourage it because it leads to awesome remixes like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvmIzxO0-n4
If you didn't click that, you should go back and listen to it. I think you'll enjoy it, but if you don't that's fine. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!!!

So the next time you see someone being a dick about how their music is so much better than everyone else's, tell him what I've told you just now. Maybe they'll understand, and then they could pass on this message of musical tolerance.

But enough about that, what are your favorite bands/types of music? Leave a comment, and don't forget to rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment